We wanted to make sure we were kicking off 2021 in the right way. If 2020 has taught us anything its that we need to be prepared for all scenarios. So we have designed our festival site to meet all COVID related requirements. The COVID-safe picnic festival mode will ensure that in phase 4 and beyond our festival will go ahead and be a great experience for all!
This year we will have more toilets, more food vans and more space to ensure that you all get to enjoy the talents of Missy Higgins, The Waifs and Ben Lee in a safe and enjoyable environment.
General COVID-19 Safety info:
Due to Covid-19 restrictions on mass gatherings and large events, we’re removing the dancefloor from this show and are encouraging people to bring a (sensible sized) blanket or low back chair, and set up with your team on the grass.
Want to dance? Sure thing!
Just stay within your space with your crew and keep a good 1.5m from the friendly strangers next to you!
We’ll have everything in place for you to enjoy the show in a safe and AMAZING environment, but the onus is on YOU to do your part.
Don’t Stop The Music
If our dedicated Covid Safety officers or friendly security notice any unsafe behaviour or ignoring of safe practices, you’ll get a warning.
If unsafe distancing or dancing is happening en mass, we will have to stop any performances for a brief time until everyone is doing the right thing.
See you in the Sunshine!
At The Festival
- COVID conditions of Entry
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE FESTIVAL IF FEELING UNWELL.
- Special refund consideration’s will be made for people who are sick on the day of the festival and responsibly choose to stay at home. Please email enquiries to email@example.com
- You acknowledge that there is currently a respiratory illness outbreak caused by a novel coronavirus (“COVID- 19”).
By entering the Event, you warrant that:
- You do not have, are not awaiting test results for or suspect that you have contracted COVID 19
- You have not travelled overseas in the last 14 days
- You do not have any of the following symptoms: - a cough – fever – shortness of breath – sore throat – sneezing and runny nose – muscle or joint pains – nausea, diarrhoea, or vomiting – temporary loss of small or taste – loss of appetite and fatigue – any other cold of flu-like symptoms associated or linked with COVID19
- Every entrant to the festival may be required to scan a QR code supplied by the WA state government for contact tracing. The event producer does not hold this information.
- We are doing everything in our power to host events during this COVID-19 pandemic. As such, we require ticket holders to respect any and all procedures relating to people's safety and advice from the WA State government and CHO.
- This includes adhering to physical distancing, seating & dancing policies at the show.
- For Good Day Sunshine 2021 there will be no dancefloor.
- All tickets are sold for a specific area, and that area is General Admission - first in best dressed. We expect patrons to sit on small chairs and small blankets in groups no larger than the people you arrive with.
- Please situate yourself no closer than 1.5m from your nearest neighbour.
- What can I bring?
- Please bring a small blanket or low back / small leg chair to sit on.
- Your tickets! Remembering these will certainly start your day off on the right track!
- Your valid photo I.D is essential as this is a licensed, 18+ only event. Your Australian drivers’ licence or proof of age card, or your passport will do the trick.
- Don’t forget your empty water bottle. For safety, no glass bottles allowed.
- Shoes. You must be wearing them to enter the festival. We highly recommend you wear sensible, closed in shoes to protect your feet on the dancefloor and in crowded places. While we wouldn’t recommend sandals or thongs as your choice of footwear, we will still allow you entry. Definitely no steel caps.
- We are encouraging everyone to bring picnic blankets and low-level beach chairs to set up. Take up your space and help us practice good personal distancing!
- Of course, bring some cash or your card if you want to enjoy food, drink or score some sweet merchandise from the band.
- Remember to check the weather and bring appropriate clothing. It tends to get quite cold in the South West once the sun goes down!
- If you have prescribed medication that you require to take at the event, please bring your valid script with you and declare it to security and gate staff on entry.
- There are no pass outs, so you’re allowed to bring a small bag. How small? Pretend you’re flying Jetstar to Bali and you only have carry-on luggage...
- What not to bring!
- Bad energy! Leave it at home.
- Professional camera and recording equipment or drones, tripods, monopods, selfy-sticks. By all means, bring your point and shoot cameras, but leave anything with a detachable lens at home.
- Weapons or anything that may be deemed unsafe by our lovely security personnel.
- Steel cap footwear will not be allowed entry into the festival site
- Umbrellas. These are a safety hazard and block the view. Please bring a rain coat or poncho if in need of rain cover.
- Food and drink; unfortunately we can’t let it in! If you have a legitimate severe allergy that is not catered for by our vendors, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm, Thursday prior to the event so that we can discuss your options.
- Intoxicated people will not be allowed into the venue. If you are found with BYO alcohol at the event, you will be denied entry and/or removed from the premises.
- For safety reasons, we cannot allow moshing, crowd surfing, or dangerous/violent dance moves.
- People under the age of 18 will not be allowed entry. This includes your children, and babies.
- No Animals: animals are not permitted unless certified service animals.
- Drugs: if you are found supplying, consuming or in possession of illicit drugs you will be removed from the Event Site and will be referred to police.
- Flammable liquids, perfumes, aerosol cans
- Coolers and eskies
- Skateboards, hoverboards, scooters, bicycles, quad-bikes, or any other personal motorised or non-motorised vehicles.
- Unauthorised advertising and promotional material
- Food and Drink
- It is a condition of the venue license that we cannot allow you to bring food and drink onto the site.
- We have a sweet array of food vans which can cater for most dietary requirements.
- You can view the food vans and their menus on the info page in the weeks leading up to the festival.
- If you have a rare, legitimate condition that we’re not catering for, please feel free to email us; email@example.com
- We have free water on site so please feel free to bring an empty vessel to fill up at your leisure! No glass bottles allowed.
- You can find the free water point on the site map at www.gooddaysunshinefest.com
- We have a fully licensed bar which will be selling a selection of beer, wine, cider, spirits, softies & water. If you’re going to have a drink, why not make use of the buses!
- This festival is entirely accessible. There is an ACROD stage in the General Admission East section. All areas will have access to accessible toilets. If you would like access to the ACROD stage please purchase tickets to General Admission East. Companion Cards excepted. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about Accessibility and how to obtain a companion card ticket.
- Photography at the Event
Professional photography equipment (eg telephoto lenses; any detachable lens) is not permitted without Promoter-issued media accreditation. Event staff will determine at their discretion whether equipment is considered to be professional photography equipment. Photos of artists and/or the Event are permitted only on the basis that:
- Images are only used for private and personal use;
- images cannot be made available for sale and/or public display.
- Recording or filming the Event is strictly prohibited. The Promoter reserves the right to confiscate and/or delete any footage, recordings and/or photos created by unauthorised or prohibited recording, filming or photography.
- Professional photography equipment (eg telephoto lenses; any detachable lens) is not permitted without Promoter-issued media accreditation. Event staff will determine at their discretion whether equipment is considered to be professional photography equipment. Photos of artists and/or the Event are permitted only on the basis that:
- Waste & Recycling
- You’ll notice paired bins that are clearly marked around the site.
- RECYCLING: please only place recyclable materials in these bins (cans, water cartons, water bottles, cardboard). It’s a real bugger if they’re contaminated.
- WASTE: you can place things like food, perishables, and any non-recyclable materials in these bins. BIOPAK: We serve our drinks in compostable biopak cups. These can be thrown into the General Waste bins. They are made of plant cellulose and will break down overtime without leaving harmful plastics behind.
- We’re employing WASTE MARSHALLS to help reduce the waste at this show & we thank you for your contribution.
- Lost & Found
- Lost and found can be located at the Box Office next to the entry gates. Once the festival has ended all lost property will be taken from the site and delivered to The River hotel in Margaret River.
Got questions? Of course you do! We have answers…