A World First COVID-safe Festival Format
In a world first, Good Day Sunshine will bring you the first Covid-safe festival format; The Turntable
Usually reserved for MASSIVE international stadium artists, our new “in-the-round" format will see the event site split into 4 equal areas, each named after a famous surf spot in the south west… Cobblestones, The Point, Windmills and Injidup, with a revolving stage in the centre, aptly named The Turntable.
Each area will operate as an individual venue, hosting its own entry, exit & amenities resulting in shorter wait times for bars, food & loos, limiting audience interaction while maximising the music festival experience. Get ready to be a part of history! Western Australia is leading the world in covid-safe easing of restrictions, and while the rest of the world (and even parts of Australia) are still in lock-down and only enjoying “live" music experiences through their computer screens or car windscreens, we're pleased to present a music festival designed to take place within Phase 4 restrictions.
Busselton is around 2.5 hours south of Perth, depending on where in Perth you're driving from! Signal park is open for free parking and is a relaxed 600m walk east down Marine Terrace.
Getting a Bus?
Head to the ticketing page on our website to book your bus ticket. We have buses departing from Margaret River, 3 Oceans Wine Company and Dunsborough.
There is a taxi rank located on Foreshore Parade, Northern side of the road near the basketball court and skate park.
Riding a bike?
We will have bike lockup points at each entry.
STILL NEED A TICKET?
A handful of tickets will be released this Thursday 8th of October at 8am. Make sure you subscribe to our mailing list to get a notification!
Hot Tips before you buy your ticket
- Be sure to check in with your friends and choose the same area.
- Coming by Bus? We recommend choosing Injidup or Cobblestones.
- Coming by foot or car? We recommend choosing The Point or Windmills
Note: Our ACROD area is in Windmills.
Food: All areas will have a vegan, gluten free and celiac food option. If you have a dietary requirement we may not have heard of, feel free to message us using the contact form below.
Any other questions? Please see the FAQ's below, should you have further questions please use the contact form below.
WHAT THE? What is a COVID-safe Festival?
- What’s with the four sections?
- In an effort to deliver a world-class event where everyone has an equally amazing experience while acting responsibly to the current climate, we have developed an event with four separate venues from which to enjoy the show.
Each will host only 1200 people, but will still have the same feel of a 5000 capacity “festival”.
The four sections, titled The Point, Injidup, Windmills & Cobblestone each operate independently and have their very own entry, bar, food stalls, toilets, merch stalls and sanitising stations scattered throughout.
Check out the map here
- How does that make an “amazing experience”?
- With world-class production, audio & vision, plus a revolving stage (The Turntable) we’ll be presenting our amazing artists in the round like Pearl Jam, Cold Chisel, Beyoncé and U2 have all done in the past. Plus, separate entry, bar, food stalls, toilets, and merch in each section, means faster access to what you need and cleaner facilities. All the vibe of a big festival, with toilets and bar shared with fewer people! Also remember this event is the first of its kind in a post-COVID world. You will be a part of history!
- What section am I in? What section are my friends in?
- We have not allocated anyone to any section. We’re leaving that up to you! You can register from September 21st to the area you would like to be in here. Be sure to log on early. Once an area is full, it’s full.
May we suggest checking in with your friends before making a call?
Check the site map here
- What is the difference between each section?
- Each section will have the same number of toilets, the same bar menu, and the same merch offering. However, each section will have different food vans. The food vans for each section are listed as follows:
- The point: food van food van
- If I make a mistake and pick the incorrect section. Can I change it?
- Please choose your sections VERY carefully as we cannot change your section once allocated. If you have major issues please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’m feeling sick, what should I do?
- Stay at home!Current health advice suggests that if you’re showing any Covid-19 symptoms that you should be tested and isolate until you receive your results. If that means missing the show, you can email us your Covid-19 test results (or doctors’ certificate) and we’ll refund your ticket.
- What else are we doing to keep you safe?
- We have employed a COVID safe team who will be in each venue helping everyone if you have any questions. This team will be here to remind you to keep your distance, create your groove circle and supply you with as much hand sanitiser you need. If you have any questions feel free to reach out the email@example.com
- What about travel restrictions for interstate artists & ticket holders?
- Although we've been assured that we could obtain exceptions for Artist travelling from interstate they still would have to quarantine for 2 weeks. The very same hard border policy that has allowed this event to go ahead, has also thrown some hurdles in regards to our artists from the Eastern States. Now, everyone is in a different situation during Covid, and we wholeheartedly understand the decisions of some of our artists to stay home, whether it's for the sake of their families and/or children or if it's just not a viable option for them.
- Got More questions?
- We are sure you have plenty of questions still and we are striving to get these to you as soon as possible. In the meantime please submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to respond or add your questions to FAQ’s.
COVID SAFE PRACTICES
At The Festival
- COVID conditions of Entry
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE FESTIVAL IF FEELING UNWELL.
- Special refund consideration’s will be made for people who are sick on the day of the festival and responsibly choose to stay at home. Please email enquiries to email@example.com
- You acknowledge that there is currently a respiratory illness outbreak caused by a novel coronavirus (“COVID- 19”).
By entering the Event, you warrant that:
- You do not have, are not awaiting test results for or suspect that you have contracted COVID 19
- You have not travelled overseas in the last 14 days
- You do not have any of the following symptoms: - a cough – fever – shortness of breath – sore throat – sneezing and runny nose – muscle or joint pains – nausea, diarrhoea, or vomiting – temporary loss of small or taste – loss of appetite and fatigue – any other cold of flu-like symptoms associated or linked with COVID19
- Please refer to the above T&C’s for further information regarding conditions of entry.
- What can I bring?
- Your tickets! Remembering these will certainly start your day off on the right track!
- Your valid photo I.D is essential as this is a licensed, 18+ only event. Your Australian drivers’ licence or proof of age card, or your passport will do the trick.
- Don’t forget your empty water bottle. For safety, no glass bottles allowed.
- Shoes. You must be wearing them to enter the festival. We highly recommend you wear sensible, closed in shoes to protect your feet on the dancefloor and in crowded places. While we wouldn’t recommend sandals or thongs as your choice of footwear, we will still allow you entry. Definitely no steel caps.
- We are encouraging everyone to bring picnic blankets and low-level beach chairs to set up. Take up your space and help us practice good personal distancing!
- Of course, bring some cash or your card if you want to enjoy food, drink or score some sweet merchandise from the band.
- Remember to check the weather and bring appropriate clothing. It tends to get quite cold in the South West once the sun goes down!
- If you have prescribed medication that you require to take at the event, please bring your valid script with you and declare it to security and gate staff on entry.
- There are no pass outs, so you’re allowed to bring a small bag. How small? Pretend you’re flying Jetstar to Bali and you only have carry-on luggage...
- What not to bring!
- Bad energy! Leave it at home.
- Professional camera and recording equipment or drones, tripods, monopods, selfy-sticks. By all means, bring your point and shoot cameras, but leave anything with a detachable lens at home.
- Weapons or anything that may be deemed unsafe by our lovely security personnel.
- Steel cap footwear will not be allowed entry into the festival site
- Umbrellas. These are a safety hazard and block the view. Please bring a rain coat or poncho if in need of rain cover.
- Food and drink; unfortunately we can’t let it in! If you have a legitimate severe allergy that is not catered for by our vendors, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm, Thursday prior to the event so that we can discuss your options.
- Intoxicated people will not be allowed into the venue. If you are found with BYO alcohol at the event, you will be denied entry and/or removed from the premises.
- For safety reasons, we cannot allow moshing, crowd surfing, or dangerous/violent dance moves.
- People under the age of 18 will not be allowed entry. This includes your children, and babies.
- No Animals: animals are not permitted unless certified service animals.
- Drugs: if you are found supplying, consuming or in possession of illicit drugs you will be removed from the Event Site and will be referred to police.
- Flammable liquids, perfumes, aerosol cans
- Coolers and eskies
- Skateboards, hoverboards, scooters, bicycles, quad-bikes, or any other personal motorised or non-motorised vehicles.
- Unauthorised advertising and promotional material
- Food and Drink
- It is a condition of the venue license that we cannot allow you to bring food and drink onto the site.
- We have a sweet array of food vans which can cater for most dietary requirements.
- You can view the food vans and their menus on the info page in the weeks leading up to the festival.
- If you have a rare, legitimate condition that we’re not catering for, please feel free to email us; email@example.com
- We have free water on site so please feel free to bring an empty vessel to fill up at your leisure! No glass bottles allowed.
- You can find the free water point on the site map at www.gooddaysunshinefest.com
- We have a fully licensed bar which will be selling a selection of beer, wine, cider, spirits, softies & water. If you’re going to have a drink, why not make use of the buses!
- The venue is fully accessible. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a disability or mobility concerns and require any assistance
- Photography at the Event
Professional photography equipment (eg telephoto lenses; any detachable lens) is not permitted without Promoter-issued media accreditation. Event staff will determine at their discretion whether equipment is considered to be professional photography equipment. Photos of artists and/or the Event are permitted only on the basis that:
- Images are only used for private and personal use;
- images cannot be made available for sale and/or public display.
- Recording or filming the Event is strictly prohibited. The Promoter reserves the right to confiscate and/or delete any footage, recordings and/or photos created by unauthorised or prohibited recording, filming or photography.
- Professional photography equipment (eg telephoto lenses; any detachable lens) is not permitted without Promoter-issued media accreditation. Event staff will determine at their discretion whether equipment is considered to be professional photography equipment. Photos of artists and/or the Event are permitted only on the basis that:
- Waste & Recycling
- You’ll notice paired bins that are clearly marked around the site.
- RECYCLING: please only place recyclable materials in these bins (cans, water cartons, water bottles, cardboard). It’s a real bugger if they’re contaminated.
- WASTE: you can place things like food, perishables, and any non-recyclable materials in these bins. BIOPAK: We serve our drinks in compostable biopak cups. These can be thrown into the General Waste bins. They are made of plant cellulose and will break down overtime without leaving harmful plastics behind.
- We’re employing WASTE MARSHALLS to help reduce the waste at this show & we thank you for your contribution.
- Lost & Found
- Lost and found can be located at the Box Office next to the entry gates. Once the festival has ended all lost property will be taken from the site and delivered to The River hotel in Margaret River.